The first step towards successfully using any new ATS & CRM system is to move all your data.
Importing records to Recruit CRM is extremely easy, You can simply upload any excel sheet or CSV file that has your candidates on it.
Before importing a file, make sure it has column headers. They help in mapping your data correctly.
Follow the steps below and you'll have all your data in Recruit CRM in minutes:
- Go to Candidates/Contacts and click on the drop down button on the right side of Add Candidate/Contact.
- Click on Import Candidates/Contacts.
- Click on Choose file and choose an excel or CSV file from your device.
- Once the file is uploaded click on Next.
- Map fields in your file to those in Recruit CRM and click on Next
You’re good to go now! You’ll see the imported records in a couple minutes.
You can also use Resume Parser to import candidates from by parsing resumes already on your computer.
- The Map Fields overlay that you now see is exclusively for mapping the columns in your excel or CSV file with the fields available in Recruit CRM.
Mapping the fields is critical to the success of the import, so here’s a list of know-hows to help you do it right.
- If there are columns that you do not wish to import, you can skip those columns by simply not mapping them with any field.
- As fields get mapped, they become unavailable for mapping with another column (Fields are distinct).
- If you want to map a field that has already been mapped with a column to another column, you will have to remove that mapping. The field that is removed now becomes available for mapping with other columns.
- Lastly, make sure the field type matches with the type of value in the column. For example, if you’re trying to map the column Work experience, you need to find a field that accepts numeric value viz the Number field. If you’ve mapped it to a field which is a text box, then the values for the column Work experience will not be imported to Recruit CRM.
- After you’re done mapping the fields, hit Next.