If you think 2 candidates or contacts in the database are duplicates, Recruit CRM gives the ability to merge records.
Below are a few circumstances that can lead to duplicate records:
- Same person with 2 different email IDs or Phone number
- Same person is imported twice from a CSV/Excel spreadsheet (here email/phone/LinkedIn URL could be same)
- Allow duplicate is set to "ON" in the Account Settings
Please Note: You might have 2 different candidates with the same name in the database, be very sure before merging 2 records. Once merged, the secondary record will be deleted from the system (this is irreversible).
How merging of record works:
- Go to a Primary Record (Candidate/Contact) in which you want to merge the other record.
2. Click on the 3 dots on the right and click on "Merge"
3. Search and select the record to be merged into this record from the Pop up.
4. After choosing/searching for a record, hit "Merge".
You'll see a success message once the record is merged and this prompts the automatic deletion of of the duplicate.