Important Note: This feature is available only for users on our "Business" plan.
You might need to send a different Cover Letter or Resume of a candidate to different contacts based on the different job roles they're being considered for.
Recruit CRM makes it easy to upload, store and share job-specific files for Candidates. Confused? Let me explain!
If one of your candidates wants to apply to 2 different jobs, say a Marketing role and a Sales role, with 2 job-specific Resumes. The candidates can now submit different CVs/ Portfolios/ Cover letters/ Other files for different jobs from the job application form.
These will now be uploaded and stored under Job-specific files in Recruit CRM. This feature will also give you the ability to share different/ job-specific files with different clients for the same candidate.
Once a Candidate has either applied to or has been assigned to a job, you will have the option to view or upload files associated with the job. You can do this from the Job assignment card within the Candidate or Job profile. (The Candidate can also directly upload the files from the Job Application form, as well).
If you are on the Candidate’s profile, you can find the “View Files” option under the Assigned Jobs tab. (as seen in the image below):
On the Job profile, you’ll find the “View Files” option under Candidate Pipeline:
Once you click on the “View files” button under each Job assignment, you’ll have the option to add/ store 5 standard files such as Formatted Resume/ Cover letter/ Portfolio/ 2 Other files for each job.
Ps. These can also be Resumes formatted and Cover letters created within Recruit CRM. This article will give you more information on it: Resume/ CV Formatting
There are two ways in which you can add a candidate file associated with the job:
You can click on the “Upload file” option and upload a brand new file into the system
2. You can use the “Select file” option to choose an existing file from within the files section of the Candidate.
How to allow Candidates to submit job-specific CVs/ Cover letters and other files?
You can let your Candidates upload different Resumes/ Cover letters/ Portfolios/ Other files for different jobs they apply to and store them as files associated with specific jobs. For example, to allow candidates to submit Job-specific Cover letters for each job through the Job Application form:
Go to the Job Application Form Field Settings tab under Job Application Form Settings in Admin settings.
Scroll down to the “Job Associated Files” section and turn on the visibility using the toggle on the right side.
3. Turn on the visibility of the “Cover letter” field. Using the visibility toggle you can now turn on the visibility for the fields that you want on your job application form.
4. Once you’ve done this, the candidate will now see the option to upload a Cover letter for each job they apply to. They can upload two different cover letters while applying for two different jobs, and these will be stored separately in the files associated with each job.
5. You can view and access the Cover letter the candidate uploads for each job from the “View files” option on the Job assignment card!
Submitting candidate files associated with jobs to clients:
While submitting candidates to clients, you can share the files associated with the particular job. The system will automatically pick up the right candidate file associated with the job and send it to the client. To do this:
Go inside the job profile and click on the “Fields shared with clients” button in the Candidate pipeline tab:
2. In the pop-menu that follows, choose the “files associated with job” fields that you wish to share with your client for that particular job. The files you’ve now selected will be shared while submitting candidates. Click here to read more on Submitting Candidates.
3. Similarly, you can choose the fields shared for each job or you can do this for the entire account from Fields shared with Clients in Admin settings.
And that’s it! Hope this helps :)
If you have more questions, reach out to us by clicking on the blue chatbot on the bottom right of your screen!