The first step towards successfully implementing any ATS/CRM is migrating your data.
Importing data to Recruit CRM is extremely simple, you just need to upload a .XLS OR a .CSV file with your data.
Please Note: You’ll usually have to convert a .XLSX file into .XLS Here’s how you do this.
Before importing a file, make sure it has column headers.
If your spreadsheet has additional columns that are not available in Recruit CRM, you first need to create custom fields to map those columns into the system.
Follow the steps below and you'll have all your data in Recruit CRM in minutes:
Step 2: Click on Import CSV / XLS.
Step 3: Upload the file you want to import.
Step 4: Map fields in your file to those in Recruit CRM and click on "Import Candidates"
**Important Notes about Mapping fields:-
Mapping fields correctly is a critical part of Importing data.
Here’s the know-how to help you do it right.
- If there are columns that you do not wish to import from your datasheet, you can skip those columns by simply selecting "Don't Import This Column" from the drop-down.
- Once the field is mapped, it won’t be available in the drop-down for mapping again.
- Make sure the field type matches the type of value in the column. For example, if you are trying to map the column “Work Experience”, you need to find a field that accepts numeric value viz the Number field. If you’ve mapped it to a field which is a text field, then the values for the column Work Experience will not be imported to Recruit CRM.
Once you’re done mapping fields from your spreadsheet to fields in Recruit CRM, you can choose to add those records into a Hotlist. A hotlist is essentially a folder/tag to store & access similar candidates quickly.
Click on Import Candidates to proceed.
The system prompt will give you 2 options:
- Add to Hotlist - This will take you to the Hotlists page
- Import now - This will directly import all records to Recruit CRM without tagging them to a hotlist.
If you choose “Add to Hotlist” option, you’ll see all your existing hotlists or you can create a new one to add records to that Hotlist.
Click on Import Candidates button to import all records and you’re done!
- Special characters like "<,>, & OR ;" present in the file, crash the code for import. You need to remove these before importing the file.
- We DO NOT check duplicates during import so you'll need to de-dupe the sheet before importing.
Other articles that might help:
You can also use the Resume Parser to import candidates by parsing PDF or Word documents from your computer.
Hope that helps!